Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The ArcLight Expands to Sherman Oaks

Last week I made the arduous journey to the Mecca of Movie Going Experiences, The ArcLight in Hollywood, to see the fantastic Russian film Day Watch. It was kind of funny because I was THE ONLY person in the theater, yet I was treated to the standard pre-screening introduction of the film and asked to turn my cell phone off etc. As I sat in the front row - middle seat enjoying my caramel corn I thought to myself "This is why I love The ArcLight. I feel like royalty when I am here." It also doesn't hurt that the sound and picture quality is off the charts and the seats are super comfortable. But I digress.

While listening to the pre-screening intro I was provided with some of the best news I have heard in quite some time. The Sherman Oaks Galleria 16 is being converted into another ArcLight Cinema and is scheduled to be operational for the holiday season of this year. This is really exciting, assuming that the quality of service, sound, and picture are equal to that of the Hollywood location. No longer will I have to venture into the heart of Hollywood to enjoy the ArcLight. Instead, I can hop on the 405 and 10 minutes later be enjoying the luxuries of the ArcLight and their eclectic slate of titles. I just hope this doesn't dilute the brand and have a negative impact on their high standard of quality. But only time will tell. Until then, I wait with eager anticipation.

No comments: