Thursday, July 30, 2009

Scarves

I have recently been quite smitten by the concept of scarves. I loved how Adrien Brodie's scarf pulled together his look in Brothers Bloom:


And then last week I watched To Catch a Thief again and was compeltely fascinated by Cary Grant's polka dot scarf:


So this past weekend I ventured to the fabric store in search of materials to fashion my own scarves. I am a little unhappy about what I came away with. I think the polka dot material was a calico and seems too crunchy and stiff. I also picked up some black silky like stuff but I wasn't totally happy with the color nor the feel. The black wasn't as deep as I wished and it felt a little to nylony if that makes any sense. I will give them both a go though. Worst case scenario is that I wasted $9 on bad fabric. Now I just need to find a sewing machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$9???!!!! On fabric???!!! You get an "A" for effort. However, someone you might know will probably say you better get on the grind and roller skate down in the garment district when buying fabric.