Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dangerously Delicious Pies

So I have been in Baltimore since Sunday experiencing my own personal Office Space hell masquerading as one of The Bobs. The one shining moment from this horrible "adventure" was when I stopped by Dangerously Delicious Pies. Let me tell you, it was the bizzzzooomb.com. I sampled the peach, the pecan, and a savory pie called The Hot Rod. The Hot Rod was a potato and cheese based pie that was seasoned to perfection. The fresh peaches were the perfect consistency and not overly sweetened. The same goes for the filling of the pecan pie.

Personally, the true measure of the quality of a pie from my perspective is the crust. This is where Dangerously Delicious Pies really excelled. The crusts were nice and flaky without being dry and crispy. They were not over cooked resulting in the perfect coloring. And finally, I am pretty sure that they were quite generous in the amount of butter used to make the crust. In all seriously, this was probably the best crust I have ever had on a purchased pie. I throw in the purchased caveat because we all know that my personal pie crust is tres (I wish I knew how to add the little accent denoting this as the french word) legen - wait for it - dary.

So yeah, if you are ever in the B-easy and you have some free time between re-upping your Pandemic or WMD and when your flight leaves, swing by Federal Hill and grab a slice of pie. Totally worth the supposed bullet dodging you will have to do.

PS Baltimore natives are way too proud of the idea of how "dangerous" their city is. Newsflash - you don't live in Darfur or Afghanistan.

PSS The Dangerously Delicious Pies website could use some serious help.

No comments: