Thursday, May 8, 2008

Look at me, I am so hip and international

Recently, I have been listening quite a bit to this great little band from France called M83. They have a great "shoegaze" feel to them which really appeals to my softer side. I have also been enjoying the musical stylings of the British band known as Does It Offend You, Yeah? I just found out today that they supposedly got their name from a quote from the BBC (aka original) version of The Office. Do you find that as cool as I do, yeah? I think I am going to start talking like this all the time, yeah? I love girls with British accents, so I think I will love myself with one as well. Even if it is not really an accent, yeah? Just a change to my syntax.

And one more thing. I have been listening to a lot of reggae lately thanks to Native Wayne, live from The Malibu Inn on Indie 103.1, every Sunday on my way home from church. Because of this , I have been sampling the various reggae stations on iTunes while at work and have been loving the summery spin it puts on my workday. I think a cold Red Stripe would also add to the effect quite nicely. But that is neither here nor there, yeah?

1 comment:

Grant said...

I secretly can love reggae in the right moments. It reminds me of riding in a Mercedes van in El Salvador, going to surf breaks while our guide/driver smoke joints and blasted Marley. And, it was hotter than hell.