Thursday, May 1, 2008

Reason # 29 For Why I Heart Lamar Odom

I picked up this little anecdote from Lamar Odom via Henry Abbot at TrueHoop who found the story on Lamar Odom's website. The story goes like this:

Prior to the start of the Denver series, the Lakers were gathered at a high-end steakhouse for a team dinner. Lamar says says the place can be "rather expensive," especially, you'd imagine, for a large group.

When the check came, Kobe Bryant reached out his hand for it. "As soon as he picked up the bill," says Odom, "we all started chanting 'MVP MVP MVP!'"

Hilarious. I can totally picture Lamar starting the chant and Sasha totally getting into it with a goofy grin on his face as he starts to bang the table. Next thing you know, Turiaf is up from the table doing his little dance thing and chanting away. Wish I could have been there.


PS I wish Lamar would bring back the star on the side of his head. I totally miss it.

1 comment:

Jansen Gunther said...

Lamar is a cool guy, and not just because he's from my hood. Bumped into him in route to Niketown, and he's surprisingly friendly with the shorter folks (i.e. everybody not him).