Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Father's Office 2.0

You may want to sit down before you read my next sentence. There was a time when Father's Office had a few things working against it. The burger (cooked medium of course) and the sweet potato fries with the dipping sauce straight from the hands of God have always made all other tier 2 burger experiences cringe in shame. Kind of like me when I am forced to admit that I kind of like to watch Gossip Girl every once in a while. However, finding a table at Father's Office used to be about as easy as solving a rubix cube while blindfolded and with the threat of being punched in the wiener if you don't solve the cube within 3 minutes hanging over your head. Finding a table was so annoying that I always ordered my food in a to-go box.

But a couple of months ago this all changed. A second location for Father's Office was opened in the Helms Bakery District in Culver City. Ever since this momentous occasion, finding a table at the original Father's Office has been easy like Sunday morning.

So after many well meaning attempts to try out the new Father's Office location, which were always thwarted by my aversion to traveling east of the 405 (aka my laziness), I finally made the trek and am here to tell you that Father's Office 2.0 is fantastic.

The best part about the new location is the abundance of seating. There is a GIGANTIC patio with many tables as well as a spacious interior with plenty of tables. There are tables, chairs, and benches everywhere. Realistically, seating should never be an issue at the new location. Even on a rocking Friday or Saturday night. I also think they have way more cooks on hand to prepare the food. My burger and fries were delivered to my lovely little table on the patio in record time. And while my food was delivered in record time, none of the hallmarks of quality for which I hold Father's Office so dear to my heart were sacrificed. The only drawback for the new location is that the fries are served in a little silver basket instead of the cool silver shopping cart used at the original location.

All in all, the new Father's Office is really the bomb dot org. Yet I will forever remain loyal to the original. Especially now that seating is no longer an issue thanks to the second location. However, if I am ever in Culver City, whether it be for an art gallery or to see a movie at the Pacific Culver Theater, Father's Office will be the first place on my list when deciding where to dine.

4 comments:

Tannertrue said...

This is good to hear. I was worried that if I went to Father's Office in culver city that somehow the burger would be different... or something. But, your reassurance has bolstered my resolve to try it out.

JerzyGrl said...

I am wanting those fries right now...I still haven't tasted a Father's Office burger yet, but that is my goal next time we are in L.A.

Renegade of Funk said...

You need to rename this blog. It is now the "Burger and Fries" blog... dot com.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see another burger post Morgan. The Counter 2.0 opened in Marina Del Ray...

-Jon S.