Friday, August 8, 2008

The Jump Off

So I read today that Georgia and Russia were on the brink of war and that Russia was moving troops and tanks into South Ossetia. I mentioned this to my co-worker and without missing a beat she responds with " I knew something was going to jump off today." My first thought was wow, she must be really plugged in to the world news scene and probably has some interesting insight into this topic. So I ask how she knew something was going to happen today. And her immediate response was "eight eight oh eight " (8/8/08). Pretty keen insight, yeah? I wonder if she can also guess my weight.

The whole episode from the jump off to the 8/8/08 just cracked me up. Then again, it might be one of those "you had to be there" type things.

3 comments:

Tannertrue said...

Maybe you're co-worker knew something was going "jump off" was the slew of advertising for the FREAKING SUMMER OLYMPICS starting today.

It's like standing in front of your calendar with your wife's birthday marked in big red letters and you saying... "Isn't there something important about today?"

Tannertrue said...

I just realized the horrible grammatical error I made. Over Grammatizing!

lybberty said...

She's a numerologista and numerology is not a laughing matter.