Thursday, October 30, 2008

FreeDarko.com Book Release

My favorite website, and there is not a remotely close number 2, for NBA analysis and discussion is FreeDarko.com. I love their artisitc/intellectual approach to watching and appreciating the game of basketball. I really don't love their politics. Now that the NBA regular season has started once again, I can finally return to enjoying the blog and comments. While this is all quite nice, the purpose of this post is to direct you, the reader, to the website that FreeDarko has set up to promote their new book The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac (foreword by Gilbert Arenas). The website design is excellent and the excerpts of the book, which is scheduled for release on November 11th, look amazing. I can't stop looking at the artwork. If I was a Suns fan I would immediately order the Amare print. Being the Lakers fan that I am, I am seriously considering the Kobe print. It perfectly captures his essence. If you are an NBA fan, this book should be at the top of your Christmas list. If you are not an NBA fan but enjoy graphic design, you might find this book appealing as well even if much of the meaning behind the art does not make any sense to you. Regardless, give it a look. You might see something you like.


See below for a preview of the Kobe section of the book:

No comments: