Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Diet Grape Soda?

Earlier today, I was standing in front of the fridge at work trying to decide which flavor of soda to drink. I ended up commenting to one of my co-workers that I wished we had grape soda because I was really in the mood for one. This sparked a conversation about the greatness of grape soda which led to a discussion about grape soda being "gangsta" because it doesn't come in diet. As we were wrapping up our anectdotal tales about never seeing diet grape soda, another co-worker mentioned that a few years ago our fridges were stocked with diet white grape soda and that it truly tasted like the sweet nectar of the gods. 

This comment literally made me stop mid sentence and I may or may not have heard a record screaching to a halt in the background. First of all, WHITE grape soda? Second of all DIET white grape soda? So much for my grape soda is so gangsta way of thinking. Diet white grape soda is right up there with diet 7up on my list of least gangsta sodas.

Even though my mind was just blown and I was more than a little disappointed in my new found knowledge, I must admit that I was quite intrigued. Diet white grape soda really sounds quite delicious to me and so the hunt was on. Thanks to Google, I now know that diet white grape soda is produced by Diet Rite and is availabe on Amazon. I may or may not have already ordered 2 cases.

3 comments:

reneeebony said...

i think grape soda maintains its gangsta status as diet white grape soda has white right in the title and if urban history teaches us anything white by definition can't be gangsta.

diet white grape soda tells you how inappropriate it was for you to step on his air force one and not apologize

welchs grape soda just shoots you.

lybberty said...

please bring some with you to WA.

Anonymous said...

I love it...gangsta grape soda. Only from the mind of Morg.