Monday, January 26, 2009

(500) Days of Summer

First of all, let me preface what I am about to say by stating that I did not go to the Sundance Film Festival. With that being said, I also realize that (500) Days of Summer did not win any "awards" and that Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire was the proverbial belle of the ball. Regardless, (500) Days of Summer is still the film I am the most excited about coming out of the festival. 

Why do I feel such excitement you may ask? Could it be due to the excellent reviews and presence of indie superstar Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Maybe. But in all honesty, it is mostly due to my infatuation with the effervescent Zooey Deschanel. I was smitten the moment I saw her in the opening scene of All the Real Girls and the rest was history as they say. I could continue to rave about her other film  appearances or her album with M Ward. I could even go on about her perfect little smile or her appearance on the cover of Nylon. But I won't. I will just let the trailer for (500) Days of Summer speak for itself:



PS I know the voice over dude's voice is kind of creepy. Try to disregard it an imagine how much better the trailer would play with just the great song they chose (Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap) and the narration trimmed down and done in print.

PSS I like the Curtis Vodka Remix of Sweet Disposition.

PSSS I just watched the trailer again and the essence of my Zooey Deschanel infatuation is captured perfectly at the 29th second of the trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The voice over guy's reminds me of a wannabe Morgan Freeman.