Friday, March 26, 2010

The Other Guys Motion Poster

I have always been a sucker for a good piece of marketing. That is probably why I thouroghly enjoyed the new "motion poster" for The Other Guys - the latest entry to the excellent buddy cop film genre.

**UPDATE**

I may not know what riding dirty is but I do know that I don't like hearing it on continuous loop. As such, I took the motion poster down but it can still be seen in all of its glory here.

**END UPDATE**

On a technical note, I love the idea behind a "motion poster" when executed correctly. This is advertising being a little bit innovative and taking advantage of the benefits inherently available in the advertising medium known as the internets. It's kind of like Harry Potter come to life.

1 comment:

boxpilot said...

yeah, this is cool, except for i cant turn off the music.

also, i'm noticing many ads on your bleg. sooo . . . are you getting paid for this, or what?