Thursday, May 20, 2010

Twin Towers

So yesterday I was enjoying a beautiful, sunny, pleasant evening at the local pub with my associates from work as we prepared ourselves mentally and emotionally for the release of StreetDance 3D today (PS if you are in the UK go watch it. It is totally fun with a great soundtrack, inspired dance routines, and brilliant 3D.) when the early stages of true inspiration began to weave in and out of my consciousness. The genesis of this inspiration, which did not fully crystalize until a couple hours later after a lively discussion while enjoying a 6 inch sub of the day on wheat, was sparked by my fascination with a pint of Guiness.

I was kind of amazed at the oily color, texture, and weight of the Guiness that my co-worker so adeptly polished off. After making the obligatory "meal replacement" and "Are you going to drink that with a spoon?" jokes my thoughts quickly drifted to the St. Patrick's Day drink of choice - The Irish Car Bomb. While discussing the ins and outs of the Irish Car Bomb at the Subweezy, my friends and I came up with what is sure to be the next big thing in the world of specialty drinks - The Twin Towers.

So here is what I am thinking. The drink is served in two tall, yet slender, shot glasses. I am thinking it is going to be a gin based drink coupled with a vermouth of some sort. Kind of like the Chocolate Soldier or the Pall Mall. You know, something classy. Because that is how I roll. Another option might be something like the Manhattan. The drink in an of itself doesn't really matter too much because here is the true essence of genius: When the bartender serves you the two tall shots of something classy he proceeds to drop an air plane shaped tablet into each glass which immediately begin to foam and fizz, kind of like an Alka-Seltzer. You then slam back both fizzing, bubbling shots in the time honored tradition of the aforementioned Irish Car Bomb.

Pretty amazing idea, yeah? I don't see any reason why this won't be a smash hit and take the world by storm. Don't worry, I will still remember all the little people when I am sitting on top of the world.

No comments: