Friday, February 1, 2008

Lost Again

If anybody ever, and by ever I really mean ever, tries to tell me that Heroes is better than Lost I will punch them in the face. Seriously, the shows are on two completely different levels. Saying Heroes is better than Lost is akin declaring The Counter to be the superior burger when compared to the absolute gold standard of Father's Office. There really is no debate. Consider yourself warned. If I even hear somebody start to form the words to say that Heroes (or 24 for that matter) is better than Lost, my reaction will be swift and effective, similar to Jack's reaction upon seeing Locke. Except their will not be the disappointing click.

In an effort to not put out any spoilers (but honestly, if you didn't watch the premiere last night than you deserve to be spoiled because you are lame) I will simply say that the episode was fantastic and did not disappoint in the least. I was so energized after the show that I could barely get to sleep a couple of hours later. I absolutely love the new format of telling the story with flash forwards. I love the turmoil and mystery being created around the decision to contact Naomi's ship in order to "escape" the island. I also love the way Charlie has been handled so far. I better stop now before I get too excited and reveal something. But really, shame on you if you have not yet watched last night's episode. You probably think that Heroes is better than Lost.

PS It really, really sucks that there are only 7 more episodes to go before the season is cut short. Damn you Patric Verrone. If I ever see you I will punch you right in the face as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope this doesn't earn me a punch in face, but to me there is the Wire, then everything else is a distant second.

-Jon S.