Monday, February 2, 2009

Americana

What is more American than the Super Bowl? Extravagant commercials filled with boobs, animals, and dudes getting hit in the junk of course. Oh yeah, and apple pie. That is why I made an apple pie for the Super Bowl Viewing Extravaganza I attended yesterday. I was pretty nervous to make the pie available for public consumption because of the difficulties I had with the crust. For some reason it wouldn't roll out right nor hold together when I tried to place it in the pie pan. However, after taking it out of the oven it looked decent enough but I was still nervous that it might taste funny due to the crust problems I encountered. Turns out this wasn't the case because people seemed to really enjoy it. Unless they just didn't want to hurt my super sensitive feelings which would not surprise me.



So yeah, the Super Bowl. Pretty exciting. Fantastic 4th quarter. Some decent commercials. Am still basking in the warm glow emanating from the lovely memory of Bruce Springsteen's junk coming at me in full HD quality. Wish I would have had my 3-D glasses on for that. And The Office. I laughed so hard I cried and suffered a horrible coughing fit when Dwight became Hannibal Lecter. Sheer genius. Boom. Roasted. Loved it even if it was quite uncomfortable at times. Best episode of probably the last two seasons. 

1 comment:

Broek said...

Is it just me or is a penis coming out of the center of your pie?

Also, if you want to talk pies, I know a couple things about them.