Thursday, February 26, 2009

War Child: Heroes

I have always been a sucker for a good cover song. Sometimes I even find myself liking the cover better than the original. One of these instances is the cover of the U2 song Running to Stand Still by Elbow on the new War Child: Heroes compilation. 

I guess this is the point where I segue into my brief little sales pitch for the entire War Child: Heroes album. It contains 15 covers by great artists such as Lily Allen, Hot Chip, Duffy, and Estelle. The Lily Allen cover of Straight to Hell by The Clash is probably my favorite track on the album but in all seriousness the whole album is great. 

You really should pick it up. Especially when you consider that the proceeds support the UK based charity War Child. From my brief research, War Child seems like a pretty worthwhile project and seems to help make a difference in the lives of children impacted by war and poverty.

So yeah, check out the album and maybe feel good about yourself by making a charitable contribution at the same time. 

No comments: