Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Star Trek Bait and Switch

Over the weekend a special screening of Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan was scheduled at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, Texas. Turns out that they showed the new Star Trek film by JJ Abrams instead. Oh yeah, Leonard Nimoy and Damon Lindelof introduced the film as well. All I can say is well played Paramount. Well played. This is a great little marketing move that generates great buzz for the upcoming release. You can check out an aggregation of people's Twitter responses from the event here, courtesy of /film. One of my favorite comments claimed that the film "melted my pants!!!!!!" You read that right America. Pants were melted. I can't wait to see what that feels like. 

1 comment:

Renegade of Funk said...

Dude, I'm so excited I want to throw a pants-melting party. In fact, I will. Star Trek party, coming soon. Thanks Morgan.