Monday, June 1, 2009

Down with Up

So I saw Up in 3D this weekend and I totally loved it. The animation was outstanding which was to be expected but what turned out to be the pleasant surprise was how they were able to bring the characters to life with such depth and vitality. I'll be honest, I may have teared up just a little in a few parts. Oh yeah, and I also laughed quite a bit and may or may not have looked like a fool when I jerked violently to the right to dodge the broken propeller that was flying straight at my head. So go see it. The only way you will not enjoy it is if you hate really good movies.

PS That last sentence was a subtle tribute to Drag Me to Hell which was about a million times better than I expected. I totally loved it and I usually don't watch suspense/thriller/horror movies because I don't find the stress to be enjoyable. So go check that one out to. I promise you will laugh to deal with the stress and be totally blown away by the scene in the parking structure.

PSS I can't believe I forgot to mention before that the short before Up was worth the price of admission in and of itself. One of my co-workers liked it so much that he wished they would have made it a full length film. I respectfully disagree. It was perfect just the way it was and I wouldn't want them to ruin the magic they had already captured in those few short minutes.

4 comments:

lybberty said...

2nd on the awesomeness of Drag Me To Hell. I LMAO at the toothless face bite.

matt said...

3rd.

matt said...

I screamed MAO like a little girl

dan said...

We loved Up and the short at the begininng about the babies made Elise go into labor!