Monday, June 22, 2009

Electric Moto Update

Newsflash - Thanks to Dan I learned about Mission Motors which addressed pretty much all my reservations regarding electric motorcycles. The bike they have created has a top speed of 150 MPH and range of 150 miles on a single charge of the lithium ion batteries. On top of all that speed and distance, Mission Motors claims that their electric engine provides max torque from 0 - 60 MPH. But wait. It gets even better. The bike looks fantastic.


I think it goes without saying that I want one. There is just one small problem. The price tag on one of the 50 available bikes in 2010 is $68,995. Ouch. I will have to wait until the technology becomes a little more affordable. I could handle $58,995 but $68,995 is just asking a little too much right now.

No comments: