Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hot Fuzz

It feels like it has been a while since my last movie suggestion so I thought I would share with you the awesomeness that is Hot Fuzz. I watched Hot Fuzz this last weekend and haven't been able to stop talking about it since. I am sure all my co-workers are sick of hearing "Have you seen Hot Fuzz yet? Really? You totally have to watch it. It is awesome." or "That reminds me of .... oh wait, you haven't seen Hot Fuzz. Never mind."

It is kind of hard to describe what Hot Fuzz is about because it is British. Supposedly it is a buddy-cop spoof but I don't know if I feel comfortable calling it a spoof. When I think spoof, I think Naked Gun 33 and 1/3 or Scary Movie etc. Hot Fuzz is nothing like these movies in my opinion. It is actually well made with a plot and solid character development. Plus it is funny in a smart way. Did I already mention that I loved this movie?



One piece of advice I will give is to watch Bad Boys 1 and 2 prior to seeing Hot Fuzz. It will make a few scenes 1000 times better because it will give you a point of reference. Also, be prepared for a nice supporting role from a well known British actor that you probably haven't seen in many years. He kind of steals the show. One of my friends who also saw the movie mentioned that they were glad they didn't really know what to expect going in because it made the movie that much funnier so I will take their advice and wrap this post up so that I don't accidentally drop in any spoilers.

So yeah, if you haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet then you are missing out. Watch it. You won't regret the decision.


PS I liked it way more than Shaun of the Dead.

1 comment:

lybberty said...

F-word.

I can't let my englander flatmates read this post. They'll feel vindicated.

We all saw Hot Fuzz back in January and they thought it was the best thing since cheese and pickle sandwiches and I thought it was just so-so. I could have lived without all the gore and that was their favorite part.

ps. they also love Shaun of the Dead and watch it at least every other week.

pps. they don't get/like Arrested Development.