Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Still Heart Hip Hop

Yesterday I made my triumphant return to the DreamWorks Animation campus. It was a spectacular homecoming highlighted by spirited discussions with the big LJD covering favorite topics such as Al Gore the Hollywood Heartthrob, Sicko, Spike Lee, and of course the latest and greatest in the world of hip hop. The hip hop topic was by far my favorite. In honor of our discussion I thought I would post about three of my currents favorites.

Good Life by Kanye West featuring T-Pain



I am kind of over Kanye in general but I love this song. I was hooked from the moment it was premiered on Entourage. My favorite song on the new album.

Get Buck in Here by DJ Felli Fel Featuring Akon, Diddy, Luda, and Lil' Jon



DJ Felli Fel is a DJ on the local hip-hop station Power 106 and once again I was hooked from the very first time I heard this song. The beat just sucks me right in. I especially love when they slow it down and get all crunk (yeah that's right I said crunk look at me I am such a banger from the dirty dirty) for Lil' Jon at the end.

Crank Dat by Soulja Boy



This song is best heard LOUD and with LOTS of bass. My whip is currently getting a little lovin at the mechanic so I have been ghost ridin in a C class Mercedes. I would never buy a C class based on my driving experience yesterday and today. However, the stereo is fantastic and Crank That sounds A-Mazing in the c class while cruising down the 101 on my way to work in the morning.

One more song that I heard for the first time yesterday on my way home from work was this new remix of 50 Cent featuring Diddy and Jay Z. I'm not sure what it is called and will have to do a little research to find it but the Jay Z part killed. If you know what the song is called, a little heads up in the comments would be very much appreciated.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Is it "I get money" celebrating their titles as hip hop cash kings in Forbes magazine?