Friday, November 9, 2007

Blaqk Friday

I was planning on saving this post until the day after Thanksgiving in honor of the great American tradition that is rampant consumerism at its finest. However, I realized that I would not have access to my music and a computer that day and I am not in the mood to figure out the auto-post from the future mode that I have heard rumors about. Also, if Wal-mart - the scourge of simpler, happier times filled with Saturdays spent trekking around the town to procure life's necessities from 15 locations while the children die of boredom and heat stroke in the back of the family truckster - can change Black Friday into Black November, then why can't I.

So without further ado, I present you with my song of the day courtesy of MediaFire: Semiotic Love by Blaqk Audio

Blaqk Audio is a great little side project put together by Davey Havok and Jade Puget of AFI fame. They released their first album in August of this year and I have been hooked ever since I got a hold of a pre-release leaked copy courtesy of the magical interwob. I love the electronica beats coupled with Davey's distinct vocal styling. Semiotic Love shuffled up on my commute to work today and it really set the tone for the rest of the day which has been upbeat and poppy yet not too over the top thanks to the underlying darkwave tone. Enjoy.

No comments: