Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Martini Shot

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way home for work and was listening to KCRW and by a fortuitous if not quite magical astrological alignment I was able to catch that weeks installment of Martini Shot.

Martini Shot is a brief little vignette produced by Rob Long who you may recognize from his work on the TV show Cheers or his work with the National Review. Martini Shot offers an entertaining "behind the scenes" glimpse into the world of Hollywood as seen through the filter of Rob Long's experiences. The episodes from the last couple of weeks have been exceptionally interesting and entertaining because of Mr. Long's insights on the WGA strike.

After hearing the show for the first time I subscribed to the podcast and listened to the archived shows and was not disappointed. The pieces are funny, poignant, and insightful. Additionally, I find Mr. Long's voice to be quite soothing. If you have not caught an episode than I recommend you take 3-4 minutes out of your day and listen to this weeks broadcast. I believe it is titled Three-Bean Salad. Sounds fascinating. I know. But give it a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Click here for streaming episodes and a link to subscribe to the podcast.

1 comment:

k8 said...

ha! i've been listening to martini shot for years. rob long is hilarious. i didn't know he worked on Cheers.