Thursday, November 15, 2007

From an Old Velvet Chair

Yesterday while blog hopping I came across a short story written by a friend of a friend who supposedly is named Ben Treasure. I think it might be a pseudonym because it has a real Buck Naked feel to it. Regardless of the origins of his interesting name, Mr. Treasure has a real talent for writing.

The short story is titled From an Old Velvet Chair and is a story of breaking up and how the protagonist deals with the associated emotions and thought processes. The story really worked for me because it was able to invoke an emotional response. That is my measure of success for a work of art - did it make me feel something. If it makes me laugh, or cry, or reminisce than I consider it to be a success. I just want to feel something.

Here is the link to From an Old Velvet Chair.

Also, when I was reading the story it reminded me of this song. Enjoy.

No comments: