Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lost Hurts

Lost kind of depressed me last night. It was emotionally draining to watch Sayid battle with his inner demons and his history and ultimately lose. That is the tragic recurring theme of Lost though. And that is why I keep watching. I keep hoping that the characters will learn from their past and overcome their fears/issues but the island keeps dragging them back. Will they find redemption? I hope so. After writing this I think I should develop this into a more cohesive post with a little more depth that cites the various "flaws" of the different characters and how they struggle to overcome them. Or maybe not. I am sure there is a comprehensive article of some sort that already addresses this in depth at Lostpedia or somewhere. Regardless, Lost is still tragic and while I appreciate the mythology of the island, I watch for the characters because they resonate so well with me.

No comments: