Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twitterpated

It seems that lately, Twitter is all the rage. Everywhere I go I keep hearing people talk about it. It seems like there is at least one segment every day on KCRW/NPR that discusses Twitter in some form whether it be Rob Long of Martini Shot or a Kogi BBQ report or reference. This morning Ralph Garmin reported on The Kevin & Bean Show that Jennifer Anniston supposedly broke up with John Mayer because he spent too much time on Twitter. Really Jennifer? You broke up with him because he spends too much time on Twitter? Seriously? So yeah, Twitter is everywhere. Even NBA players are tweeting at half time during games. 

Twitter has become so popular lately that I have had my access temporarily interrupted a few times the last couple of weeks because the Twitter servers could not keep up with the activity. But you know what. I'm not even mad. It is like Twitter ate the whole wheel of cheese. I like it that much. Plus it doesn't hurt that the busy signal I get is this:



I love the birds and I love the whale. I love Twitter for having such an aesthetically pleasing busy signal. So yeah, I love Twitter. I love that it makes traditional media outlet people uncomfortable because it devalues their "access" by allowing "personalities of interest" to interact with me on a more personal level.

I don't really know how to close this post out with a strong closing statement or whatnot. Maybe my brain power has been depleted by Twitter? So I will just end now. Oh yeah, I was going to add a bunch of links to the post as well but I am feeling too lazy right now. Trust me when I say that NBA players are tweeting at half time. So yeah, now I am really done. Happy tweeting.

1 comment:

Tannertrue said...

pssh. Whatever. In this work-a-day world I do not have the patience for this website constantly being down.

It is either down or has the busted-ass 1995 basic text thing going on like I looked it up on AOL keywords.

You're losing me twitter... you're losing me.