Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dead is Dead?

So the season 5 finale of Lost totally lived up to my expectations. It wasn't my favorite finale of the series but it was still hyperbolificly legendary. My mind is still weaving and winding through the various possibilities and trying to piece everything together. I don't want this to turn into a recap of the episode. You can go here for an excellent recap by somebody much more qualified than me. However, I do want to float an idea I had while I was working on the year end close for one of our entities. 

SPOILER ALERT

So Miles can communicate with dead people but he can't see them right? Hurley, however, not only can communicate with dead people but he can also see them right? So maybe in the final season Hurley is going to play an integral role in identifying those who are really dead. It seems that someone or something is taking the shape/persona of people who have died on the island. Whether it be smokey or the unnamed dark haired adversary of Jacob remains to be determined. Smokey and the unnamed dark haired adversary could actually be one and the same. But that is the least of my worries right now. Back to the topic at hand. 

Someone/something has "re-animated" or taken the shape of Ecco's brother Yemi, Jack's Father Christian, Jack's half-sister Claire (I stand by her being dead, she was hit by a rocket), Ben's "daughter" Alex, and Locke. I don't recall Hurley ever seeing one of these apparitions. When he does see them is he going to notice something different about them? Is he going to be able to tell the difference between the truly dead and the re-animated dead? Is Hurley going to be the deciding factor in the coming war? Is that why he has been rolling around the island with the mysterious guitar case? Is he Jacob's ace in the hole? 

So many possibilities to how the final season can unfold. This is why I love Lost so much. No other serialized drama has ever engaged me so much after the initial viewing of each episode.



1 comment:

English said...

Online they're calling the unnamed dark haired adversary "AJ" (Anti Jacob), or "Esau".

Both pretty funny.