Sunday, November 8, 2009

Guy Fawkes Celebration

So I went to the Guy Fawkes celebration at Victoria Park this weekend. The fireworks were pretty legen....dary. Totally worth braving the "cold" and the long tube ride. I think it was my favorite display of all time. This was largely due to the proximity of the fireworks. They were literally bursting directly over our head and I felt like I could reach out and touch the flares as they streaked and floated around. Being so close to them added a level of depth perception that was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't stop smiling during the entire display. But wait, it gets even better. There was a dirty little carnival set up on the side of the park as well. I love carnival lights at night. The only thing lacking was a sweet ferris wheel. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the evening. The entire set can of course be found on my Flickr page.






No comments: