Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hibachi at his finest

I have always been fascinated by the lives of professional athletes. They seem to live in a completely different world than I do. I have heard many rumors about what goes on at practices, in hotels, on airplanes with regards to "extra-curricular" competitions and have always wished that I could be a fly on the wall, if you will, to observe these antics. Now thanks to the glorious YouTube I can be that fly.

Here is the situation:

  • Gilbert "Hibachi" Arenas vs Deshawn Stevenson after practice in DC
  • Hibachi will shoot 100 college distance 3 pointers with one hand
  • Stevenson will shoot 100 NBA distance 3 pointers using his normal shooting motion
  • The stakes- $20 large

The video is approximately 10 minutes long and very compelling. I don't want to give anything away but the payoff at the end is worth waiting for. Plus the trash talking and the way they mess with each other is hilarious. The victory celebration was especially rewarding. Enjoy and God bless YouTube.



PS Thanks to the douchebags at Deadspin.com for turning me on to this story.

No comments: