Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blade Runner

I realize I am super late to the game on this one and I may be doing irreparable damage to my meticulously crafted persona of a quasi-hipster but I finally watched Blade Runner for the first time this weekend. Where have I been for the last 25 years? Obviously camped out in my secret hideout in the desert next to George Bluth Sr. and his business partner Mr. Hussein.

My biggest regret after watching Blade Runner this weekend was not going to see the theatrical release of Ridley Scott's Final Cut this year. I kept meaning to go and just never got around to it and now I am kicking myself. The sound mixing was simply amazing on my crappy little home theater in a box. I can only imagine what it would have been like in the theater. The cinematography was great on my little 37 inch TV but it would have been at least 9000 times better in all its glory on the big screen. Seriously, this might be my biggest regret of 2007.

And for the record, I think Deckard was a replicant.

1 comment:

Tannertrue said...

I still don't get how people reach that conclusion. I saw it for the first time this year also. And if it weren't for someone saying to me "Deckard is a replicant." that idea would have never even entered my brain.