Monday, March 24, 2008

New Camera - Canon Rebel XTi

So on Saturday I finally purchased my digital SLR. I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon experimenting, trying to figure out how to take pictures with the manual settings. It ended up being easier than I expected and I now have a solid basic understanding of what to do. I still have sooo much more to learn though. I plan on taking a class at Santa Monica Community College to help me get a solid understanding of the fundamentals of photography. I am so excited and can't wait. Check out my Flickr page to hopefully see the progress I make.

Here is my most successful photo so far:

3 comments:

Renegade of Funk said...

Congrats, I want a rebel too! I think your most successful photo os the front of your bike with the cop in the background. Wish I could create depth of field with by camera.

lybberty said...

Love the picture. Time to bring it up Provo Canyon.

rachel thurston said...

I love the rebel xti!! It is my backup camera and works like a dream. There is nothing more exciting than learning how to use a new camera. Because there is nothing more exciting to me, I am officaly a nerd.

I'm thinking photo outing with friends?