Thursday, March 20, 2008

Obama and Wright - The Last You Will Hear From Me

Obama and his judgment in selecting Wright to be his spiritual adviser is still bouncing around in my head. I think I have sufficiently processed all the information, including Obama's speech in which he addressed the issue, to form my opinion. I think that Obama has more in common with Carcetti than he does with Bunny Colvin and that really bothers me. I don't think I could vote for Obama. I seriously doubt his ability to "unify." What else does he proffer that appeals to me? Universal health care? No thanks. Fair trade? Hell no.

For another solid take on the Obama and Wright association with a little Kanye West lyrical analysis thrown in for good measure, refer to Mr. J. Lybbert of On Life and Lybberty fame.

1 comment:

Tannertrue said...

I agree 100%. He is totally a Carcetti.

About the speech Obama gave, which someone had the audacity to compare to the "I have a dream" by The Rev. Dr. I felt it was mealy mouthed weak kneed double talk.

He never apologized. Which is disconcerting. What he did do was turn what was originally an anti-american issue and turned it into a racial issue. He basically said "Oh, don't mind him. He is old fashioned. Like my racist Grandma!" Sheesh.

My issue is that Barack Obama sat there for 20 years while this man spewed all sorts of hate, vitriol and just angry filth. And while Obama may not have agreed with what was being said but he sat there for 20 years and didn't say or do anything.