Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Newish Music Wednesday

So last night I was on my way home and was flipping through radio stations when I came across what I believe to be the beauty featured below. The DJ never said the name of the song nor the artist so I was forced to use my rather astute hip-hop ear/knowledge base and my mad Google skills to find the song so I could share with everybody. I think I found what I am looking for but I am not 100% sure because my speakers at work are currently not operating so I wasn't able to actually listen to the song to ensure that I was linking to the one I intended.

The little gem (hopefully the gem I intended) which I am linking to is Dat Baby by Shawty Putt. Supposedly this song has found regional appeal and by regional appeal I mean the Dirty Dirty. It also looks like Lil' Jon produced which coincides with my memory of last night. I definitely heard an okay and a yeah or two. Also, the beat that I remember was distinctively southern - Florida-ish or maybe ATL-ish. As a side note, Omarion and Marques Houston were auditioning in the office yesterday. But back to the topic at hand. The beat was very addictive and I found myself bouncing along to it as I cruised down the freeway. I also really enjoyed Shawty Putt's voice. I didn't really listen to the lyrics too much other than trying to find the hook so that I could Google it today to try and track it down. From what I gather the song is about Shawty "passing" a paternity test and how the baby, which isn't his, has features of every other rapper. As far as topics for songs go - meh. But regardless, the song is great to bounce along to with the bass turned up. Seriously, it sounded great last night and I am kind of hooked. Hopefully it will pop up on iTunes shortly. Until then, enjoy:


1 comment:

lybberty said...

I give it a 6.5. But I'm a hard grader and I haven't listened to it in anything with good bass.

That said, the youtube video has definite comedic value.