Monday, July 21, 2008

I Just Want My Phone Call


Soooo, Dark Knight. I have seen it twice already and will probably see it one more time before it leaves the theaters. It was near perfection. What more can be said? Well I have a few more things to say. I was hooked immediately by the opening sequence. I felt like I was watching a scene from Heat. Heath Ledger. Heath Ledger. Heath Ledger. I am at a loss for words. His portrayal of The Joker was legendary. The part that really stood out to me the most was the way he would kind of lick his lips and swallow. Absolutely twisted and disturbing. My crappy, hyperbole filled words cannot do justice to describing how amazing he was. And finally, the soundtrack blew my mind. There was this recurring kind of screeching sound (violins maybe) that amped up the intensity of every scene in which it was used by a factor of like 3 million.

One last thing. There is a reason that Dark Knight did almost $160 million in domestic box office sales this weekend. Believe the hype and watch this movie. One of my friends, texted me this weekend saying that it was instantly in his top 5 movies of all time. Maybe he was caught up in the delirium of the moment. Maybe not. All I know is that it is really really really good.

1 comment:

English said...

Christopher Nolan is a huge fan of Heat. I was reading where he mimicked a lot of the color palate of Heat for Dark Knight. That opening bank scene is suppousedly a bit of an homage to it as well.