Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mikey's The Big Wiener

A few weeks ago my friend who sometimes refers to himself as The Boxpilot submitted an entry to The Weepies music video contest. The essence of the contest was that The Weepies decided to take their $10,000 music video budget and award it to whoever came up with the best idea. The winning video would also become their official video for their song Hideaway.

About a week ago, I found out that Mikey's entry was selected as a finalist. So I went to the contest website to see what kind of competition he was up against. I almost made it through 2 other entries before I was forced to tap out due to the lameness of the other finalists. Mikey's entry was so much better that it wasn't even close. Way to go Mikey. Make sure this goes on your reel. Right after Stealth and Zoom of course.

In honor of Mikey's super awesome achievement, I decided to post the video below for your viewing pleasure. My favorite parts of the video are the vignetting and the magic bag. I wish I had a magic bag like that. I think my life would be so much more enjoyable if every time I reached in to my bag I was able to pull out exactly what the moment required and then it glowed or flashed with triumph.

Oh yeah, and make sure you watch the video all the way to the end. The payoff is quite nice.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is a great video, and I LOVE love love The Weepies. How cool for your friend.