Friday, January 18, 2008

DGA Reaches Agreement

I didn't have time to post this yesterday when I first heard the news, but the DGA has reached a preliminary agreement with the "moguls" of AMPTP. This agreement was arranged prior to the expiration of the existing contract and will most likely end up being the template for the contracts with the WGA and the SAG. It is amazing what strong leadership and negotiation skills can do for a guild. Remind me again of why the WGA is on strike. Oh yeah, their leadership structure is incompetent and not really looking out for the best interests of the majority of the guild members. Plus dissenting opinions within the guild are quashed and the members are encouraged to go elsewhere. Seriously, Patric Verrone and company are geniuses.

5 comments:

matt said...

You just described most unions/union heads.

lybberty said...

As much as the WGA has annoyed me with their strike--no new episodes of my fav shows--the behavior of other unions is downright criminal. Teachers unions head this list.

Teachers unions are the single biggest reason for the poor state of education in the United States. Additionally, teachers unions are the single biggest obstacle to improving education in the United States.

I defy any teacher to debate me about the positive/negative effects of teachers unions.

matt said...

Awaiting your review of Cloverfield.

Renegade of Funk said...

Awaiting your confession that the burger at my birthday party was better than Father's Office.

boxpilot said...

also awaiting the aforementioned confession . . .