Friday, January 4, 2008

The Counter Counter Culture

A recurring topic of this humble blog has been the quest to find the perfect burger in LA. Today's chapter will most likely make the natives restless. And by natives I mean all 3 of my readers who think that The Counter is the bomb dot com.

As has been well documented in previous posts, I am not a huge fan of The Counter. I do not support the myriad of options and I really dislike the bun. Plus the sweet potato fries are average at best. However, during the holiday break I decided to give it another try. And guess what, it was just like I remembered from my previous visits. Nothing special.

A few days later I happened to be near a Fuddruckers and sampled my first burger from said establishment since the foolish attempt to enjoy the famous 1 pound burger of destiny. As it turns out, Fuddruckers makes a damn good burger. Nothing flashy. Just decent beef with a solid selection of toppings and condiments and a fantastic bun.

So here's the thing. I think Fuddruckers is better than The Counter. In all aspects. There, I said it. Denigrate me with spiteful insults if you will but I stand by my opinion. I would rather eat at Fuddruckers than The Counter.

PS Father's Office still makes the best burger on Mother Gaea.

5 comments:

lybberty said...

I appreciate your principled hamburger stand.

In other news, can we open a burger place and call it "Principled Hamburger Stand?"

boxpilot said...

ok.

Youngberg! said...

Sorry morg, but No. No. Fuddruckers is crap. I stand by my opinion. Counter for the win!

Tannertrue said...

Morgan the only reason that I am not trying to scream as loud as possible at my monitor in the hopes that you hear it is the simple fact that we agree that Father's Office makes the finest burger on the planet.

But, the counter comes in at a close second because at least there I can attempt to recreate the father's office burger.

Broek said...

Morgan...agreed...Counter burgers have been disappointing. Maybe someone could enlighten as to the "right" burger to get there.

Fuddruckers burger is more likeable, but I hate the ambiance.

My conclusion, I would rather eat a Fuddruckers burger AT The Counter.

Or just go to In & Out or Father's Office.