Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Great Gatsby and Baz Luhrman

Word on the street is that the next project for Baz Luhrman is going to be The Great Gatsby. Supposedly he has purchased the rights to the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic and will be making/distributing the film with 20th Century Fox. It goes without saying that I am pretty excited. I love Baz Luhrman films and I love The Great Gatsby. I can't wait to see how Luhrman works out his adaptation. 

I also can't wait to see who gets cast as Nick, Jay, and Daisy. My only request is that life does not continue to immitate art and we end up with Vincent Chase as Nick. I think I am going to give this some thought and in a future post offer my suggestions for the casting of these three roles. Meanwhile, I would love to hear who all 3 of my readers think would be good choices for these roles.

East Egg 'til I die, right? Or something like that.

1 comment:

Tannertrue said...

I don't know if I want Baz Luhrman doing Gatsby. I mean knowing his past works it will probably be really bloated and over blown. I hear that "Australia" was the definition of Self-Indulgent movies.

Also the Jack Clayton production of it was nice and restrained.

But as far as casting? Why not go with our generations Redford. Brad Pitt. I know he might be too old... but whatever. Guy still looks like he is in his early 30s