Thursday, January 11, 2007

Burn Rubber Not Your Soul

Each day I receive a newsletter-ish email courtesy of Ernst & Young called the Daily Connection. Usually the email is pretty lame, but every once in a while there is something worth reading. Today, the Daily Connection provided a link to the website for Tesla Motors. Tesla Motors is our newest Strategic Growth Markets client in the Pacific Northwest Sub-Area and has raised $60 million from EY priority venture capital funds since its founding in July of 2002. Sounds kind of boring right? Who cares about start-ups in the Pacific Norhtwest?

Well the story is a little more interesting when you consider that Tesla Motors manufactures a car that goes from 0-60 MPH in 4 seconds. That is Morgan on his Triumph Daytona fast. But wait, it gets better. The car is 100% electric. Whaaaaat???? An electric car that is fast? There must be a catch. It's shaped like a tic-tac right? Well I have a newsflash for you Walter Cronkite. It isn't. The Tesla Roadster is hot. And when I say hot, I mean hot in the Angelina Jolie prowling around in nothing but a towel in Tomb Raider sense.





Who needs Al Gore to promote alternative fuel sources with his inconvenient truths when you have innovative technology with a sweet design like this? Why scare when you can seduce? The Tesla Roadster is my new sports car of choice. Not only does it look amazing, but it is eco-friendly AND I can ride in the HOV lane. Does it get any better than that? Come on.

1 comment:

Fernando said...

Yeah, I recently was reading about Tesla's new sports car. I happened upon it on Business Week. Seems like a fun car to drive.

The closest feeling I've gotten to that was in my cousin's 2005 M3 convertible. I felt like I was in Gone in 60 Seconds as we cruised the Long Beach/LA freeways at speeds ranging from 80-125 mph.