Wednesday, January 17, 2007

To Live and Die in Thermopylae

While watching TV this weekend I saw the trailer for 300 for the first time. It totally caught me off guard because I didn't remember hearing anything about the film earlier. I ended up watching it 3 times in a row before continuing on with my TV viewing. The colors combined with the beat of the trailer sucked me right in. What put it over the top for me though was the music. This trailer is awesome. I hope the movie doesn't leave me with a bad case of the blue balls though because of my possibly unrealistic expectations due to the "legen...wait for it...dary" nature of the trailer.



The film is based on the Frank Miller graphic novel of the same name. You may remember Frank Miller from previous titles such as Sin City. The similarity in style between Sin City and 300 is readily apparent. I am definitely looking forward to the theatrical release.

No comments: