Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Addiction


I wish that pictures could capture smell as well as images. This is a picture of the air freshener in the 6th floor men's room at the Fox Plaza. I am addicted to the pungent yet strangely intoxicating scent. I am still trying to determine the best way to describe the smell. What I have so far is that it is a wonderful mix of vanilla, with a hint of pina colada, coupled with a yet to be determined tropical fruit. The first thing I do every morning when I get to work is make a trip to the men's room while my computer is turning on just to make sure my day gets started with a little slice of heaven. The last thing I do every day after turning my computer off is to stop by the men's room to make sure that my day ends on a high note. Needless to say, I make many trips to the men's room throughout the day as well. Maybe there is a little heroin mixed in. That would explain my habit.

2 comments:

matt said...

Maracuya?

f*bomb. said...

I was always a little embarassed/excited that I enjoyed this scent. Are we ALLOWED to enjoy any scent coming from within a public restroom? Is it socially acceptable to take and extra moment in washing to look for where the lovely scent is coming from? Does it make the people around me feel awkward when I ask, "what IS that terrific smell?"

Maybe. Maybe not. But it's damn good and it takes me by surpise EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.