Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Commute

So I was cruising down Olympic on my motorcycle this morning on the way to work, enjoying the sun for the first time in what feels like a month, and happily weaving in and out of traffic. While weaving and enjoying the visor-filtered sun on my face, I was also trying to come up with an idea for today's blag post. And then it literally hit me, as I was splitting between a sweet Porsche on my left and a beater truck on my right, the dude in the truck rolls down his window and launches a giant loogie at me and proceeds to flip me off. I think he also yelled a few choice words but his angst-filled ramblings were drowned out by the angst-filled ramblings of Anti-Flag blasting from my iPod.

What would possess somebody to roll down their window, spit on somebody, yell, and shake their fist? does their life suck that bad? Do they not see the sun shining and feel the wonderful crisp morning air? How do they know that I don't suffer from similar anger management issues. They are running the risk that I launch myself off my motorcycle, through their open window, and punch them in the face a few times. That's a risk I don't think I would want to take. How do you explain to your wife and/or little children that some crazy guy on a motorcycle beat you up inside your truck after you spit on him?

Luckily for the jerk du jour, I was enjoying my ride to work this morning and just laughed at his lameness. Although I must admit, when I parked and then tried to wipe the spit off my jacket and found out that there was more snot than spit I did become a little irritated. But hey, the sun is shining today. I am happy.

2 comments:

Dubious Brown said...

the visual of you jumping off your motorcycle and pounding that redneck in the face is about the coolest thing my mind has ever visualized

Tiff said...

It's such a good feeling to know your alive. It's such a happy feeling growing inside. And when you wake up, your ready to say...I think I'll make a snappy new day. Good Old Mister Rogers.