Friday, May 18, 2007

I Heart Queen

I have been a Queen fan ever since I was a little silhouette of a man. In fact, Queen's Greatest Hits was the first CD I ever owned. Additionally, the version of Under Pressure featuring David Bowie is one of my all time favorites. So yes, I am a Queen fan.

Today while reading the latest piece by Bill Simmons (aka The Sports Douche) I stumbled upon this YouTube clip from a Freddy Mercury tribute featuring Elton John and Axl Rose. It is fantastic. I actually got chills when Axl comes roaring onto the stage and the crown erupts. The energy in the pit looks legen - wait for it - dary.



PS Say what you will about The Sports Douche but he really knows his NBA. His analysis of the Robert Horry / Steve Nash drama was fantastic. He may really bug me sometimes but I will always read his NBA analysis.

3 comments:

Renegade of Funk said...

I always knew you were a queen at heart.

matt said...

This validates every gay commment on this blog.

(I secretly loved it)

Anonymous said...

I love Queen. And Elton John.