Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Saturday Night at The Mint

This last Saturday my friend Andrew Skanchy rocked out at this bar called The Mint. It was a pretty sweet little venue with an cool little stage, somewhat low ceiling, and a pleasantly intimate vibe without feeling trapped. All in all it was a great place to listen to some live music.

After Andrew and his band wrapped up their solid set, I was mingling about with a couple friends preparing to venture over to Roscoe's when the next band, Skyler Stonestreet, began to play. I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. I loved the piano and the Skyler's voice sounded fantastic. They sounded so good that I even purchased her CD. After leaving The Mint I began to wonder if maybe I was just booty blinded by the cuteness of Skyler Stonestreet and the sparkling of the stud in her nose but after listening to her CD I have decided that I really like her music. You should totally check her out. You can listen to a few of her songs here. My favorite song is "Suddenly."

So Saturday night was just one more reason why I love LA. I love LA because I can go watch a friend perform and totally stumble upon another great band that I probably never would have heard of otherwise. 2Pac definitely knew what he was talking about when he said that LA is the place to be.

No comments: