Wednesday, May 9, 2007

TV personalities have feelings too

Many moons ago I posted about comedies developing characters with depth and how that ultimately makes the shows more enjoyable which in turn generates strong ratings. Last weeks episode of Scrubs provided another example of this technique. Viewers have come to know and love JD and Elliot and are able to vicariously experience the ups and downs of life with them due to viewing them as more then ridiculous caricatures.




This guy I know may or may not have teared up when watching this scene. I don't want to name names though because that might damage his carefully crafted "skate or die mother effer" persona.

3 comments:

Carl Hardie said...

I'm glad to know that someone else is still watching Scrubs and loving it. I think it is one of the most underrated shows of all time. Guess what else is underrated...you know(Obnoxious Tod high five).

lybberty said...

Are you referring to me? Cause I would never admit that publicly.

And I'm proud to note that I've been watching this show since its inception.

I'm with you Carl--love the Tod and his banana hammocks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for slipping the Todd into this clip