Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Don't Like Angry Street Performers

Well I still can't get my Lamejack to sync with my computer so I ended up texting the files to my Gmail. How lame is that? I had to text files to myself because I couldn't connect my phone to my own computer. I guess it is cool in the sense that there are so many different ways to share information but it sucks because I had to use the most clumsy option available to make it work. I don't want to become involved in a boring "rant" and turn this blog into the "I Hate.... Blog" so I will just leave it at that and continue forward with the originally scheduled programming.




I was cruising around the 3rd Street Promenade last night after purchasing my ticket to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (which was great by the way) because I had about an hour to kill. So I was enjoying the refreshing summer evening, getting my much needed dose of people watching, and enjoying the various street performers when I happened to pass by the one street performer that I truly hate. Oh wait, I just said in the previous paragraph that I don't want this to be the "I Hate...Blog." Screw it. I really don't like this guy and will make an exception to the rule and post my lame little rant about him. If this bores you, feel free to check out some sweet mash ups at The Hood Internet.

For the record, I generally love street performers. They really add to the ambiance of The Promenade and make it a cool, fun place to pass an evening. I love The Supa Lowery Bros., The Psychic Cat, the Asian guy that balances dishware on his head, the break dancers, and I even like the two fat and greasy rockers who are ALWAYS covering American Pie in the style of Don McClean. However, I can't stand this guy:



I can't stand him because he is so angry and abrasive. He revels in making people feel uncomfortable and his modus operandi is to guilt people in to donations. He is not fun to be around and just puts me in a bad mood every time I see him. He totally ruins the sweet Promenade vibe.

This doesn't mean that he is a complete waste. I found out last night that he has been doing this act for 22 years now and just bought a Lincoln Navigator. So he must have some redeeming qualities, right? He is a great dancer. He can be funny sometimes. But this isn't enough to overcome the whole anger issue I have with him. If he wasn't such a jerk I would toss him a few bucks each time I watched him perform. Instead, I usually try to get away from his performance as soon as I see that it is him. The whole I'm gonna fight you sucka if you don't give me money act just drives me crazy. I am getting a little worked up just writing this. I don't want to pass the rest of the day angry so I will just leave it at that. The dude is angry and abrasive and not fun to watch. I wish he would take his act to Hollywood Blvd. exclusively. When I stumbled upon him there, it didn't bother me nearly as much because I was already in Hollywood which has a completely different feel to it.

Anyways, here is a short video clip of him from last night. I realize that this post is promoting a jerk I don't like but hopefully by posting this video to show that he is kind of good at what he does it will help balance out the overall negativity of this post.

1 comment:

boxpilot said...

eh, he's not THAT good. and just cause he's dancing on the street, it dosen't make me feel like he needs money.