Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Never Thought You'd Habit

I made the mistake of doing some in depth exploration of a friends iPhone last night. All my reasons for waiting for the second generation are quickly fading away. The last reservation I am clinging to is the tiny hard drive. 8 gigs is just way too small for me. However, I must admit that I am really having to fight the little devil on my shoulder telling me that 8 gigs is sufficient.

My cause isn't helped by playing around with the keyboard and being blown away by the quality of the predictive text. The iPhone somehow knows what key you "meant" to hit. I also love the little icons that pop up for each key as you type. I also played around a little more with the photo library feature and became even more hooked. I love being able to zoom in and out by pinching my fingers. Finally, the Google maps feature with live traffic updates was fantastic. I know I have that feature on my Blackjack but it is not one click away like on the iPhone. The interface of the iPhone just sucks me right in. No other smart phone I have used even compares. If you are still anti-iPhone (yes this means you Mike Warner) then you really need to actually touch the iPhone. I guarantee your too cool for school opinion will change.

I know this is my third post about the iPhone but I can't help myself. I am like a heroin addict to his needle. So in honor of my habit, here is an excellent little song by the great Neil Young called "The Needle and the Damage Done."

1 comment:

boxpilot said...

morgan, its bad enough when you play with your own iPhone, but to hear that you're playing with other guys iPhones . . . well, that's just sick and wrong.

you're going to go blind.