Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My New Whip

After months of thinking about getting a new car, I finally got around to doing it. On Saturday I started to make the rounds to the different dealers in Santa Monica. I ended up finding the exact car I wanted for the price I wanted at the second dealership I visited. They guy was really nice and the car was perfect but I got nervous because I had never spent that much money on anything in my life so I ended up not getting the car on Saturday. I spent all day Sunday thinking about it and finally decided to get the car Monday morning. I called the dealer and told him I would like to come pick the car up during my lunch break. He had the paper work ready for me when I got there and twenty minutes later I was on my way back to work.

If it would have been any more difficult I probably wouldn't have had the energy to actually get a new car even though it really was time. The Saab was good to me but was on its last legs. The A/C was not blowing cold air anymore, there was something wrong with the alignment, and the strange problem from two years ago where my car would mysteriously turn off when it began to idle was back.

So now I am a proud owner of a 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet and I am quite a fan so far. Yesterday I was still pretty stressed out about spending so much money on something but when I got in my car to drive home from work, dropped the top, and looked at the sweet ass red lights of the display I felt much better. Dan was right, the red lights make the car a hundred times more cool. It is like being a jet pilot. This morning when I got back in my car, dropped the top again, and was engulfed by the sweet melodies of The National I felt even better about my decision.

I live in LA where it is sunny and 75 degrees 9 days out of 10. How can I not drive a convertible? It is fantastic and I now look forward to driving to and from work everyday. I can't wait to go for a nice relaxing cruise up the PCH.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new purchase looks nice but i how am i supposed to fit in this thing?

Alisa said...

you stole our dream car! someday when we have money...we'll probably drive a van, who am i kidding.

Dubious Brown said...

I love the new whip. I know how good it feels to dump a Swede for a German!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what ridin' dirty is, but I don't like it.

matt said...

Prepare yourself to ride around with your Entourage the first weekend in September.

Jake will drive, you will ride shotty, and Marc (Turtle) will ride bitch. I know this isn't the correct role for Turtle, but in this case we'll make an exception.

Nice choice.

boxpilot said...

morgan, you got a new mantourage while i was gone?

oh, and what, are you and dan going to start a club now?

Renegade of Funk said...

I've already taken the "Jaws of Life" and cut the top off the WRX...